2020 Chuck Lauer Award
Régine Honoré Villain received the 2020 Chuck Lauer Award.
She was nominated by the IDN Summit National Advisory Board for embodying the characteristics Chuck Lauer was most know for, including:
- Selfless care for others
- Strong commitment to excellence in work and life
- Healthy balance between work and life
- Eternally optimistic
- Strong ethical values
- Unwavering patriotism and pride in the United States of America.
Read the full press release below to learn more about Régine and this prestigious award.
2020 Chuck Lauer Award Recipient Announced
Thursday, August 27, 2020
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Ochsner Health’s Chief Supply Chain Officer, Régine Honoré Villain, received the 2020 Chuck Lauer Award presented by the IDN Summit & Reverse Expo. This year the IDN Summit National Advisory Board nominated 14 individuals for the award. These individuals include healthcare leaders from across the United States, including:
- Teresa Dail, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Nick Gaich, CEO, Nick Gaich and Associates
- Maria Hames, Partner, HealthCare Links
- Ed Hisscock, SVP, Supply Chain Management, Trinity Health
- Brent Johnson, VP, Supply Chain (Ret.), Intermountain Healthcare
- Jay Kirkpatrick, VP, Supply Chain Operations, LifePoint Health
- Carl Meyer, EVP, Wetrich Group
- Dennis Mullins, SVP, Supply Chain Operations, Indiana University Health
- Ken Murawski, CEO, HealthCare Links
- Eric O’Daffer, Research VP, Gartner
- Jonathan Pumphrey, VP & Chief Supply Chain Officer, WellSpan
- Cathy Spinney, President and CEO, Yankee Alliance
- Mark Van Sumeren, Managing Director, Health Industry Advisor LLC
- Régine Honoré Villain, SVP, Supply Chain Network & Chief Supply Chain Officer, Ochsner Health System.
The prestigious Chuck Lauer Award is given annually to a member of the healthcare supply chain that best embodies the characteristics of its namesake, Chuck Lauer. Those characteristics include selfless care for others, a strong commitment to excellence in work and life, a healthy balance between work and life, eternally optimistic, strong ethical values, and unwavering patriotism and pride in the United States of America.
As a leader in the healthcare industry with over 25 years of experience, Régine certainly embodies these characteristics. Her current role is SVP, Supply Chain Network and Chief Supply Chain Officer at Ochsner Health System. Previously she served as the VP, Supply Chain Operations at NYU Langone Health System. She began her career in healthcare at New York Presbyterian Hospital where she spent 10 years mastering her skills with increased responsibilities along the continuum of supply chain.
About the IDN Summit
For over 20 years, the IDN Summit has brought together senior healthcare supply chain and pharmacy executives to source innovative solutions from leading suppliers and GPOs. The IDN Summit is a uniquely designed, premium healthcare supply chain event, featuring the industry's most expansive CE-accredited breakout sessions, visionary keynotes, senior-level idea exchanges, and unparalleled product-sourcing opportunities. To learn more visit, idnsummit.com.
About Ochsner Health
Ochsner Health is a system that delivers health to the people of Louisiana, Mississippi and the Gulf South with a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate. Ochsner Health is a not-for-profit committed to giving back to the communities it serves through preventative screenings, health and wellness resources and partnerships with innovative organizations that share our vision. Ochsner Health healed more than 876,000 people from across the globe in 2019, providing the latest medical breakthroughs and therapies, including digital medicine for chronic conditions and telehealth specialty services. Ochsner Health is a national leader, named the top hospital in Louisiana and a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report. As Louisiana’s leading healthcare educator, Ochsner Health and its partners educate thousands of healthcare professionals annually. Ochsner Health is innovating healthcare by investing in new technologies and research to make world-class care more accessible, affordable, convenient and effective. Ochsner's team of more than 26,000 employees and 4,500 providers are working to reinvent the future of health and wellness in the region. To learn more about Ochsner Health, please visit www.ochsner.org. To transform your health, please visit www.ochsner.org/healthyyou.
For more information, contact:
Vice President, Industry Research and Engagement
email@example.com | 859.523.5701