Clinical Integration Track
CI Track - Clinical Integration Track | Grand Saguaro South
Implementing successful clinical integration involves the facilitation and coordination of patient care across a variety of settings and situations. The goal is to achieve care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, patient-focused, and affordable. This track provides insights into improving clinical integration strategies and aligning incentives with behaviors for success. Discussions cover a variety of timely clinical integration topics, including the clinical relationship with supply chain, value process changes, clinical analytics, and data integration.
Clinical Relationship with Supply Chain
Monday, August 29, 2022 | 1:00 PM
Grand Canyon 6
The pressing challenge for clinical supply chain management today is not only securing equipment and needed supplies, but also improving value, reducing cost, and integrating clinician input. Clinicians are the largest group of decision-makers and consumers of supplies. In this session, Dr. Goyal will discuss how processes and systems need to change to improve this process and what is being done well and what needs to be addressed to improve the patient experience.
1. Justify the statement that clinicians are the largest group of decision-makers and consumers of supplies in the supply chain.
2. Define the best processes and systems needed to improve the clinical relationship with the supply chain.
3. Evaluate what is being done well and what needs improvement to improve the patient experience.
4. Define the challenges for clinical supply chain management post-pandemic.
Value Analysis Process Changes Post-COVID
Monday, August 29, 2022 | 2:30 PM
Grand Canyon 6
Presenters: Robin Lane and Gloria Graham
Asking the question “How has COVID-19 changed us?” in regard to the value analysis process leads to helpful answers. Companies that conduct a PVA often provide goods or services to consumers at a lower cost and with higher quality. In this panel session learn how value analysis processes have been altered during the pandemic, how many of those changes are permanent, and how many are trends. There will also be a discussion about what changes are being implemented for the future of the value analysis program.
1. Define what value analysis processes have been altered during the pandemic.
2. Evaluate permeant changes versus trends.
3. Identify changes being implemented for the future of the value analysis program.
4. Describe how companies that conduct a PVA can improve services.
Clinical Analytics and Data Integration
Monday, August 29, 2022 | 4:00 PM
Grand Canyon 6
By enhancing healthcare clinical analytics and data integration organizations can increase access and availability to end-users, health systems can support data-driven decisions, and provide better frontline care. In this session learn how the system identifies, benchmarks, and utilizes data and analytics, what impacts AI can make to improve this process, and how to be transparent in your organization in tracking.
1. Evaluate how the system identifies, benchmarks, and utilizes data and analytics.
2. Describe the impact AI can make to improve processes.
3. Question how transparent your organization is tracking what is improving the process and what is not.
4. Define how enhancing healthcare clinical analytics can provide better frontline care.