For Your Safety: Blue "For Your Safety" boxes offer additional details related to specific functions and can be found throughout the website.
When You're Ready, Here's What You Can Expect from the IDN Summit
Your safety, well-being, and event experience have always been the top priority of the IDN Summit & Reverse Expo. Never has that duty to serve been clearer than it is now. The enhancements to the IDN Summit employ stringent cleaning and safety practices to support the health and wellness of all attendees. Read a letter from the IDN Summit's CEO, John Kelly, here.
As we look forward to the 2021 Fall IDN Summit, we know this Summit will look a little different, but we’re ready to take on the On-Site Experience with you. We have developed a comprehensive plan to ensure you remain as safe as possible, which will continue to evolve based on guidance issued by federal, state, and local governments. Review the On-Site Safety Protocols below.
Safety during the IDN Summit Reverse Expo
In previous years, the Reverse Expo is the busiest and most crowded function at the IDN Summit. As such, we took particular care when planning this aspect of the IDN Summit to ensure we could offer the safest experience to connect and engage. We reimagined the Reverse Expo concept for this Summit. This Spring, the Reverse Expo was strictly limited to no more than 35 IDNs, who will host supplier and GPO partners in a safe and open individual meeting rooms. The Reverse Expo will have a more intimate feel, which will lead to a safer, more comfortable environment for all attendees. Below is a list of enhancements to the On-Site Reverse Expo.
- Suite Format: In each IDN Hosted Suite, each IDN executive will have their own table with plexiglass and chair.
- Masks: Masks are required to enter all IDN Summit functions including the IDN Hosted Suites. Premium-PPE is the exclusive supplier of IDN Summit masks and we’ll have plenty on-site.
- Scheduling: All attendees will be able to pre-schedule timeslots during the Reverse Expo with IDN executives.
- Printed Items: Due to concerns of distributing paper literature we ask that no brochures, catalogs, and other printed materials be distributed to Reverse Expo hosts during the Reverse Expo.
- Business Cards: The IDN Summit will provide a “Hospital Contact Sheet” during the Reverse Expo in lieu of exchanging business cards. For Suppliers, your contact information will be available in the virtual platform for other registered attendees to access.
- Hand Sanitization: Hand sanitizer stations, sponsored by Kiranex, will be available in and between all Reverse Expo rooms.
- Transparent Barrier Screens: We will also have plexiglass barriers installed at all Reverse Expo rooms.
- Sanitizing Schedule: In addition to breaks during the Reverse Expo to allow for sanitization, the hotel staff will continually sanitize surfaces while the Reverse Expo is occurring. Cleaning products are sponsored by Safetec of America, Inc.
- Opening Procedure: All attendees will be required to social distance while in queue for each Reverse Expo room.
- Floor Markings: We will place “safe distance” markers, following social distancing guidelines, in outside each Reverse Expo room.
- Directional Signage: We will place directional signage to improve traffic flow between all Reverse Expo rooms.
Additional On-Site Safety Protocols
Limiting On-Site Attendance
- Attendance on-site will be capped to ensure proper social distancing can be achieved.
- We reimagined the Reverse Expo concept for this Summit. The Reverse Expo will feature up to 35 IDNs, who will host supplier and GPO partners in a safe and open individual rooms.
- We are now accepting supplier registrations for the 2021 Spring IDN Summit On-Site Experience on a waitlist-only basis. Please contact Josh Morita or Brent Petty at 859.523.5701 to be added to the waitlist.
- We are offering a virtual-only IDN Summit for those who cannot join us on-site. Suppliers can still register for the 2021 Spring IDN Summit Virtual Experience as well as the 2021 Fall IDN Summit On-Site and Virtual Experiences.
General Cleaning, Sanitation, & Disinfection
- We will meet and exceed all cleaning protocols as outlined by the venue and industry associations. We will work with the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate to ensure daily, heightened cleaning and sanitizing regimen of all public spaces, session rooms, and the registration area. Cleaning products are sponsored by Safetec of America, Inc.
- Hand sanitization stations, sponsored by Kiranex, will be placed strategically in high-traffic areas.
- We will create and display highly visible signage related to keeping you as safe as possible and associated protocols throughout the hotel.
- We will require all third-party vendors to follow all guidelines for safety and sanitation in place by the IDN Summit.
Personal Protection and Social Distancing
- Attendees, sponsors, faculty, and third-party suppliers will be required to wear face masks and maintain social distance during all indoor functions. Premium-PPE is the exclusive supplier of IDN Summit masks and we’ll have plenty on-site.
- All attendees will be required to complete daily temperature checks and health screenings, conducted in ChampionsGate Ballroom by a third-part support services group, prior to attending any function.
- All staff, including hotel staff and third-party providers, will undergo daily temperature checks and health screenings.
- We will limit the number of items distributed to and between attendees by offering all conference materials digitally through the mobile app and virtual platform.
- We will configure the onsite registration areas to allow for social distancing and implement queue lines where appropriate distancing can be enforced.
- We will add plexiglass barriers to registration counters to keep you as safe as possible and to support physical distancing measures.
- All seating in breakout sessions, keynote sessions, Lunch N Learns, and Focus Groups will be classroom-style with appropriate distancing between chairs. We will also establish larger aisles between tables.
- Breakout and keynote sessions will be recorded and available during the Virtual Experience. Handouts will be available electronically only.
- We will use directional signage of conference space routes to allow for safer paths to and from functions.
- The program schedule will be modified to allow longer breaks for the sanitization of high-touch surfaces between sessions.
- We will place floor markings to show the appropriate social distance at any functions involving lines.
- Hand sanitization stations, sponsored by Kiranex, will be available.
- We will host outdoor functions as frequently as possible.
Food & Beverage Safety
- Seating areas will be properly distanced.
- Hand sanitizing stations, sponsored by Kiranex, will be placed near all meal functions.
- Hotel staff will serve and distribute food during meal functions.
- Coffee/beverages breaks will be served by a properly-trained catering attendant.
- Plated meals will be served for seated meal functions whenever possible.
- Buffets will be single-sided and served by a catering attendant.
- Receptions will offer pre-wrapped, “grab and go” food options.
- We will implement a screening area and isolation rooms designated for the duration of the Summit.
- Public health reminders and updates will be sent throughout the Summit through the mobile app.
- A wellness attendant will be available on-site to focus on attendee safety.
Please contact John Kelly at 859.523.5701 with any questions about the IDN Summit's attendee safety initiatives.
Omni Safe & Clean Initiative
We are pleased to partner with the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate to host the 2021 Spring IDN Summit. As one of the hospitality industry's leaders in employee and guest safety, the Omni Hotels & Resorts developed thorough measures to ensure safety throughout their properties. Visit the Omni cleanliness and safety protocol pages for an overview of what you can expect during your stay. Please do not travel if you feel ill.
As the host state of the Spring IDN Summit, we have closely monitored the Florida’s COVID-19 response and recovery efforts. According to the Florida Department of Health, Florida has had an average positivity rate of 5.92% for the last 30 days as well as distributed over 6.5 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine as of March 15, 2021. We are pleased with their progress forward and are confident in Orlando providing a safe and enjoyable experience for attendees.
We also recognize that COVID-19 guidelines, procedures, and reopening statuses vary greatly between states and local municipalities. Below is a document outlining the current status of COVID-19 guidelines in Orlando, FL. Please note, this document will be updated as Orlando, FL, continues to reopen.
Orlando has hosted numerous healthy, successful in-person events since its reopening. Surf Expo 2021 recently hosted it's face-to-face meeting in Orlando, FL. Learn more about their safety procedures.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, other attendees, and the staff of the IDN Summit and the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and attendees with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending the IDN Summit & Reverse Expo, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, whether caused by the negligence of IDN Summit & Reverse Expo or otherwise and agree not to hold IDN Summit & Reverse Expo, or any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employee, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury. You must follow all posted instructions while attending the IDN Summit & Reverse Expo. Failure to follow posted instructions or displaying COVID-19 symptoms may result in an attendee being removed or denied access to the event.