Pharmacy Clinical Track
A strong team of talented and motivated employees is the backbone to an organization’s success. In today’s post-pandemic world, employers are flexing to work with remote employees, in-office, and hybrid positions and are being met with unique challenges for each. This track’s sessions highlight the best practices for recruiting, training, retaining, and promoting the best talent for your organization.
|Monday, August 29, 2022|
|1:00 PM - 2:00 PM|
Pharmacy Clinical Track: Biosimilars: Clinical Adoption and Payer Consideration
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
The introduction of biosimilar products or products approved based on demonstrating that it is highly similar to an FDA-approved biologic product, has opened many possibilities in the field of pharmaceuticals. In this session, this panel of thought leaders will explore the impact of biosimilars on patient care, how to get buy-in on biosimilars for clinicians, and opportunities for use of biosimilars in supply chain shortages.
1. Define biosimilars and their uses.
2. Outline how to get buy-in on biosimilars from clinicians.
3. Analyze the impact of biosimilars on patient care.
4. Demonstrate opportunities for biosimilars with supply chain shortages.
|2:30 PM - 3:30 PM|
Pharmacy Clinical Track: Technology in the Pharmacy
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Technology is ever-evolving and should be at the forefront of any pharmacy. Embedding technology in the pharmacy can free up time for the pharmacist to help better care for patients, it can improve job satisfaction, reduce costly errors, and improve the health outcomes for the patient. This panel will discuss the clinical impact of technology in the pharmacy and discuss ways of improving pharmacy system processes with innovative technology.
1. Identify current technology trends in the pharmaceutical field.
2. Define innovation in the pharmacy.
3. Explain the clinical impact of technology in the pharmacy.
4. Describe how to improve pharmacy system processes.
|4:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
Pharmacy Clinical Track: AI in the Pharmacy
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Artificial intelligence is helping to streamline processes, reduce costs and increase the quality of patient care in pharmacies. AI helps pharma companies find patients for clinical trials, quickly analyze millions of potential compounds for medicinal properties, and solve supply chain issues. In this session learn about how AI can use data to improve patient care, benchmarking, and transparency. This industry leader will share what is available now and what we can look forward to in the future of AI.
1. Define artificial intelligence and its uses in the pharmacy.
2. Analyze data to improve patient care.
3. Identify benchmarking and transparency metrics.
4. Compare what is available now versus what the future holds.