The IDN Summit and Reverse Expo is excited to offer the following sessions as a part of the 2022 Pharmacy Program:
Pharmacy Executives Forum
Sunday, April 10, 2022 | 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM | ChampionsGate
Introductions and What's on Your Mind
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
The IDN pharmacy plays a vital role in patient outcomes and hospital pharmacy executives continue to look for innovative methods of improving quality while keeping costs low. This opening session of the Pharmacy Executives Forum provides an introductory platform where you will meet your peers and share insights on topics affecting you and your pharmacy.
- Develop relationships with other executives within your pharmacy peer group.
- Discuss primary topics of interest from your experience at your pharmacy.
- Outline the focal points that will be discussed in the remaining PEF sessions.
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Strengthening your pharmacy operations to be prepared when links in the chain experience disruptions is paramount in running an efficient and effective pharmacy. While some pharmaceutical disruptions are difficult to predict, it’s critical to be prepared to take them on in the most cost-effective manner possible. This session will provide an opportunity for all parties to share their thoughts on what disruptions are shaping up to impact the future of pharmacy, and strategies to effectively mitigate the risk associated with each of them.
- Define the disruptions that are most likely to impact the future of pharmacy.
- Outline contingency plans to ensure optimal pharmaceutical operations.
- Identify the disruptions that may prove catastrophic and what should be done when those catastrophes impact your pharmacy operations.
How Are You Using Data to Improve Your Pharmacy Operations?
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
IDN pharmacies and pharmaceutical manufacturers handle massive amounts of data, including information about prescriptions, prescribers, insurance companies, and patients. Navigating that data, developing KPIs, and figuring out how to use it most efficiently is challenging. In this session, you will have the opportunity to share how your organization is using data and KPIs to drive optimal pharmaceutical operations. This topic could be an entire track so get ready to take lots of notes and exchange innovative methods of utilizing pharmaceutical data.
- Identify types of data and data sources that are of benefit to your pharmaceutical operations.
- Analyze how manipulating data from multiple sources can improve efficiencies in IDN pharmacy operations.
- Develop strategies to translate data from multiple sources to positively impact pharmaceutical disruptions.
Monday, April 11, 2022 | 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
GPO Panel: An Outlook on Pharmacy
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Moderator: Dale Locklair, Industry Consultant
Panelists: Christine Dunn, Assistant Vice President, Pharmacy Sourcing, HealthTrust; Joel Hennenfent, PharmD, MBA, BCPS, FASHP, Senior Vice President, Pharmacy Member Services, Vizient, Inc.; and Michael Wascovich, Vice President Field Services, Premier, Inc.
GPOs guide thousands of pharmacy supply products through the IDN pharmacy supply chain which involves contracting, analytics, forecasting and other roles for their IDN partners. This role is key in working to reduce the approximate 20% cost pharmacy operations account for in a typical hospital. Join this panel of GPO pharmacy supply chain leaders and learn how they are working to develop a more efficient pharmacy supply chain for their IDN partners.
- Formulate strategies to drive increased market share acquisition.
- Analyze the factors that impact the pharmaceutical supply chain.
- Outline the ways GPOs are navigating potential disruptions within the IDN pharmacy supply chain. link
Payment is Everyone's Responsibility
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Presenter: Bonnie Kirshenbaum, Consultant & Columnist
Site of care changes and payment rules enhancements are impacting your IDNs Pharmacy operations in 2022. In the third payment year amid the COVID-19 pandemic, navigating payment rules across sites of care and ensuring pharmacy is in sync with your organization’s overall strategies is critical. Themes observed in the rule sets include transparency rule clampdowns, patient centricity, continuing to simplify (electronic health record requirements and reporting, regulations), cut costs, and save money, and not lose focus on pharmacy’s efforts to combat the opioid crisis.
Additionally, we will cover late breaking changes including the Waste REFUND Act
In this session we will offer a complete understanding of the rule sets and discuss changes in strategy.
- Identify payment rules that directly impact your pharmacy department.
- Outline impact on organizational goals and bottom line.
- Plan and discuss strategies that will optimize value and improve outcomes link
Specialty Pharmacy and Biosimilars
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Panelists: Michael Czar, Director of Pharmacy, Carilion Clinic; and Patti Hawkins, System Director-340B, Infusion & Specialty Pharmacy, North Mississippi Health Services
Pharmacists are continually seeking strategies to manage the annual increase of drug prices. The use of biosimilars has proven to be an effective mitigation strategy to these price increases. This session will explore the strategies used to implement biosimilars into your pharmacy operations and how they can be utilized to stabilize drug prices.
- Outline the challenges associated with implementing biosimilars.
- Discuss methods that efficiently and effectively implement biosimilars into your pharmacy operations.
- Analyze how biosimilars are being used to take on the supply chain crisis. link