From the IDN Vault: Sharing Inspiration
In 2005, Major (Ret.) Scotty Smiley’s platoon was attacked by a suicide car bomb. Shrapnel from the attack left him blinded and temporarily paralyzed. Following the attack, Scotty began rebuilding his life, continuing his military service, and becoming the first blind active-duty officer in military history.
In today’s Inspirational Talk, Scotty reflects on the importance of surrounding yourself with a strong team amid adversity. His inspiring story reminds us that we need each other to overcome challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can learn more about Major (Ret.) Scotty Smiley by clicking here.
- Lee Woodruff | Thursday, April 30
- Hassan Tetteh | Friday, May 1
- Jessica Buchanan | Monday, May 4
At the IDN Summit, we believe it is of primary importance during this time to prioritize two things:
- The health and well-being of attendees (see our Spring IDN Summit event update);
- The facilitation of connections between today's supply chain leaders, GPOs, and suppliers to overcome potential supply chain disruptions and continuity concerns resulting from COVID-19.
We are offering the following resources on the website:
If there are additional resources that would assist you during this time, please contact Taylor Stapleton.
IDN Employee Assistance Funds
The IDN Summit greatly appreciates the work of all healthcare workers. Through The Rosa Fund Foundation, we are donating to IDN Employee Assistance Funds (EAFs).
Contact John Kelly at 859.523.5701 with your IDN’s EAF and we'll provide a donation to support your supply chain professionals that need assistance.