|Sunday, April 16, 2023|
|2:00 PM - 3:00 PM|
Pharmacy Executive Forum: Promise and Problems: Navigating the Evolving Landscape of 340B (Provider & GPO Focused by Invitation Only)
For more than 30 years, the 340 B program has helped hospitals serving vulnerable communities manage the costs of prescription drugs. But it has remained a source of controversy and some confusion over that time. Join us for an insightful education session focused on the most critical trends and topics around the 340B program. Our expert speakers will discuss the impact of pricing changes, the latest in contract pharmacy arrangement, and strategies for reducing costs and optimizing the program's benefits among other topics. Don't miss out on the opportunity to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the 340B program and learn how to maximize its potential for your organization.
1. Identify legislative pricing changes and what that means for your IDN.
2. Explore the most recent developments with contract pharmacies and changes in operations.
3. Explain cost reduction efforts in the context of in-patient vs outpatient settings
4. Develop new strategies and tactics for managing costs, optimizing program savings, and maximizing the benefits of the 340B program for your organization.
|3:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
Pharmacy Executive Forum: Don’t Get Caught Short: Effective Strategies for Managing Drug Shortages (Provider & GPO Focused by Invitation Only)
According to a recent article in Pharmacy Times, the FDA predicted 2023 will be a year of continued drug shortages, including shortages of more than 12 drug ingredients and a possible lack of saline supply. Dealing with anticipated drug shortages is a critical challenge that requires a comprehensive and proactive approach from IDN leaders. This session will engage pharmacy leaders in a dialogue on how best to prioritize maintaining strong communication and action plans with suppliers, regulators, and other stakeholders to anticipate and address potential shortages.
1. Analyze the past, current and future factors contributing to drug shortages and the challenges involved in addressing these.
2. Describe developing an effective balance between mitigating shortages through establishing surge supplies, avoiding excess inventory, but having enough on hand.
3. Examine how an IDN can build proactive plans and processes instead of being reactive to drug shortages.
4. Formulate a plan to evaluate generic options as part of your shortage mitigation strategy.
|4:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
Pharmacy Executive Forum: Building a Competitive Advantage: Best Practices for Pharmacy Talent Management in IDNs (Provider & GPO Focused by Invitation Only)
Staffing challenges have been near the top of just about every pharmacy challenge list for IDN executives over the past several years. And those challenges are likely to persist. This session will explore the latest trends in recruitment and retention, including the importance of creating a positive work culture, competitive compensation and benefits, and providing opportunities for professional growth and development. Through interactive discussions and best practice sharing, attendees will leave with practical solutions to enhance their organization's pharmacy workforce.
1. Identify market and cultural factors in pharmacy talent recruitment and retention within IDNs, and recognize their impact on organizational success.
2. Describe organizational examples of successful recruitment and retention efforts
3. Demonstrate strategies and best practices to avoid burnout with current teams.
4. Examine personal and professional techniques to help develop the next generation of pharmacy leaders.