Conference Learning Objectives
CE Reporting: You will receive an email with instructions on accessing the portal following the conclusion of the Virtual Experience.
2021 Fall IDN Summit
8/30/21 – 9/1/21 Phoenix, AZ
This activity is jointly provided by
Conference Learning Objectives
Supplier Strategies Track
- Identify changes to IDN supply chain operations and how these changes impact suppliers.
- Explain IDN executives’ new risk management and data-sharing expectations.
- Outline strategies to engage and support IDN leaders’ post-pandemic.
- Analyze changes to the post-pandemic contracting process with IDNs.
- Identify IDN leaders’ new needs and expectations of suppliers.
- Evaluate strategies to overcome current contracting challenges.
Clinical Integration Track
- Describe the future of care and reimbursement trends.
- Identify tactics to leverage new technology to support better patient outcomes.
- Outline strategies to realign your organization with patient’s new care episodes.
- Describe clinicians’ main challenges and pain points during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Explain clinicians’ expectations of supply chain leaders’ post-pandemic.
- Evaluate strategies to improve collaboration between all healthcare stakeholders.
- Describe the barriers to increased data standardization practices.
- Outline steps to improve collaboration with clinicians.
- Evaluate strategies to implement enhanced data standardization in your IDN.
Executive Leadership Track
- Explain what new supply chain leaders need to succeed.
- Outline key current organizational and leadership changes caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Identify the current staffing trends resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Analyze strategies to leverage artificial intelligence in the supply chain.
- Describe artificial intelligence’s role in improving patient outcomes.
- Evaluate strategies to implement AI technologies in your supply chain.
- Outline the healthcare trends impacting IDN profitability.
- Evaluate plans of action to increase collaboration between stakeholders and drive increased profitability.
- Outline potential strategies to reduce costs and generate revenue post-pandemic.
Financial Operations Track
- Explain the growing importance of transparency in the healthcare supply chain.
- Analyze solutions to simplify the pricing transparency implementation process.
- Identify strategies to improve product transparency and reduce risk in the supply chain.
- Describe the importance of data in effective demand planning.
- Outline strategies to enhance your organization’s demand planning.
- Explain how demand planning can be utilized to improve inventory management.
- Identify digital threats facing today’s healthcare supply chain.
- Analyze potential solutions to digital threats facing IDNs.
- Outline new technologies that could impact the healthcare supply chain.
- Explain strategies to manage the increasing demand for specialty medications.
- Outline current and future specialty pharmacy laws and regulations.
- Formulate plans of action to control the costs of specialty medications.
- Explain the autonomous pharmacy framework and your pharmacy’s current stage in the framework.
- Outline strategies to implement autonomous pharmacy technologies into your IDN pharmacy.
- Evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of autonomous pharmacy operations.
- Outline current federal and state laws as well as proposed legislation impacting drug pricing.
- Analyze expected drug pricing changes in 2022.
- Evaluate strategies to manage and comply with differing laws and regulations.
- Explain the 2022 payment guidelines impacting inpatient and outpatient pharmacy.
- Outline future payment rule trends and developments.
- Formulate mitigation strategies for payment guideline changes.
- Analyze strategies to plan for and manage reimbursement uncertainties.
- Explain the status of litigation and its impact on pharmacy leaders.
- Outline the Biden administration’s position and actions surrounding the 340B Program.
Purchased Services Workshop
- Evaluate strategies to increase the value and reduce the costs of your purchased services.
- Outline plans of action to increase the oversight of your purchased services portfolio.
- Describe purchased services’ role in achieving system-wide and supply chain initiatives.
Senior Executives Forum (in-person conference only)
- Analyze best practices to develop trust with critical suppliers.
- Outline strategies to determine the best suppliers to include in collaboration strategies.
- Identify metrics to measure the effectiveness of supply collaboration.
- Describe strategies to elevate your supply chain visibility and contributions.
- Evaluate strategies that were most successful by others to overcome the challenges of supply chain challenges of the pandemic.
- Identify actions you can take to be better prepared for future pandemic-type disruptions.
Idea Exchanges (in-person conference only)
- Identify key learnings from the COVID-19 pandemic that impact the healthcare supply chain and clinical operations.
- Evaluate the post-pandemic value and viability of best practices developed during the pandemic.
- Outline strategies to prepare your supply chain for future disruptions.
Pharmacy Executive Forum (in-person conference only)
- Describe the challenges facing pharmacy operations today.
- Outline strategic opportunities for pharmacy leaders going forward.
- Identify specific plans of action to prepare for and mitigate future supply chain shortages.
- Outline pharmacy leaders’ main challenges with specialty pharmacy.
- Evaluate strategies to mitigate and manage specialty pharmacy operations.
- Describe specialty pharmacy’s current and future role in healthcare.