Financial Operations Track
FO Track - Financial Operations Track | Grand Canyon 8
Focusing on the fiscal health of your organization while meeting the demands for superior patient care remains a challenge. With new financial models, changes in the way payments are being made, and stringent goals for reducing expenditures, financial decision-makers face numerous critical decisions every day. The sessions in this track will help you gain control over inventory management and logistics, build a resilient business using data, systems, and analytics, and optimize your supply chain.
Below are the Pharmacy Track sessions that are part of the 2022 Fall IDN Summit in Phoenix.
Inventory Management and Logistics
Monday, August 29, 2022 | 1:00 pm
Grand Canyon 8
Panelists: Matt Putman
In this session learn from a panel of experts about the financial impact of the organization’s inventory management and logistics. They will also discuss how systems and processes improve to better serve the patient, and what innovative solutions can be created to improve the process. While the industry and service levels influence inventory practices, there are general business reasons why some companies have excess inventory, such as supply chain and vendor risk and uncertainty; variable customer demand and forecast accuracy; seasonality leveling; lead-time issues; price hedging; risk of losing loyal customers; and marketing driving sales with new merchandise.
1. Define the financial impact of the organization’s inventory management and logistics.
2. Question how systems and processes can be improved to better serve the patient.
3. Explain what innovative solutions can be created to improve the process.
4. Differentiate between industry and service levels of influence on inventory practices versus general business reasons.
Lessons from a decade of Healthcare Supply Chain Metrics and Benchmark Research
Monday, August 29, 2022 | 2:30 pm
Grand Canyon 8
Presenter: Eric O’daffer
Gartner’s Hierarchy of Supply Chain Metrics turns 10 years old this year. Join this session to learn about how leading health systems measure success and make trade-offs between total cost, service, and inventory. Results from our 2021 benchmarking efforts of end-to-end supply chain will be shared along with lessons learned from 200 plus interactions with health systems on the collection and use of these metrics.
1. Share the State of IDN Supply Chain metrics today
2. Review Gartner’s research on healthcare supply chain metrics and benchmarks for 2022
3. Define headwinds and tailwinds to improving alignment to supply chain metrics alignment to strategy
4. Outline steps that health systems can leverage to optimize the use of supply chain benchmarks
Optimizing Supply Chain
Monday, August 29, 2022 | 4:00 pm
Grand Canyon 8
Panelists: Dan Hurry, Ed Hisscock
Building quality management into the end-to-end production process requires solid supply chain optimization techniques. From the raw materials to customer delivery, optimizing the supply chain will help increase efficiency while reducing waste. Optimizing the supply chain configuration can flux with costs of materials, carrier changes, customer demographics, and other factors. This session will focus on how organizations can de-risk supply chain practices to improve the bottom line, the implications of investing in product manufacturing, and how to leverage a GPO to assist in these activities.
1. Evaluate how de-risking the supply chain can improve the bottom line for an organization.
2. Analyze if it is smart to invest in product manufacturing.
3. Identify how to leverage a GPO to assist in de-risking.
4. Define solid supply chain optimization techniques.