Succession Planning and Workforce Shortages (Invitation Only)
Sunday, August 28 , 2022 | 2:00 PM
Successful succession planning will help with identifying the critical positions within your organization and developing action plans for individuals to assume those positions. This method of promotion helps organizations with the recruitment and retention of top talent, cuts the overhead of additional training, and increases employee engagement. In this session learn how to navigate succession planning while dealing with the impact of worker shortages.
1. Define a successful succession planning method.
2. Evaluate how the IDN is preparing the next generation of leaders.
3. Outline a plan to overcome technician shortages and cost of labor issues.
4. Identify a plan for preventing worker burnout.
Transition of Care: Hospital at Home (Invitation Only)
Sunday, August 28, 2022 | 3:00 PM
A factor in the evolving landscape of health systems is the hospital-at-home model. This model enables some patients needing acute-level care the opportunity to receive that care in their homes, rather than in a hospital. The hospital at home model has been shown to reduce costs, enhance the patient experience, and improve outcomes. This session will explore the opportunities and challenges associated with hospital-at-home models as well as explain regulations.
1. Define the hospital-at-home care delivery model.
2. Evaluate what this model looks like for the health system.
3. Identify opportunities and challenges with the hospital-at-home delivery model.
4. Explain how to understand regulations around this delivery model.
Med Safety Throughout the Supply Chain (Invitation Only)
Sunday, August 28, 2022 | 4:00 PM
The supply chain holds major, but often invisible, risks to the healthcare industry. There are two major risk categories that affect the healthcare supply chain; business risk and operational risk. Managing risk to increase safety throughout the supply chain leads to better profits, reduces losses, and high patient satisfaction. In this session learn the best practices for med safety, how to educate the workforce in those practices, and get buy-in for adoption.
1. Define the goals of med safety in the supply chain.
2. Evaluate how your organization is educating its workforce.
3. Explain updating system processes and procedures.
4. Identify ways for getting buy-in for adoption.