Conference Learning Objectives
2021 Spring IDN Summit
4/12-14/21 Orlando, Florida
Conference Learning Objectives
Supplier Strategies Track
- Explain how supply chain roles and responsibilities will differ because of the pandemic.
- Compare methods to connect with your customers during the recovery period.
- Outline key trends affecting healthcare in 2021 and beyond.
- Outline strategies to meet the needs of providers and suppliers going forward.
- Discuss new opportunities in the healthcare supply chain post- pandemic.
- Define ways to collaborate to build stronger partnerships.
- Define supply chain challenges IDNs continue to encounter as they shift from pandemic-mode to recovery-mode.
- Describe key drivers influencing healthcare supply chain decision-makers.
- Identify strategies providers and suppliers can forge stronger partnerships to reach desired outcomes.
Clinical Integration Track
- Examine the critical success factors needed to accelerate the realization of a successful and sustainable clinical integration network in your organization.
- Identify steps you can take to build a clinical integration strategy.
- Discuss the influences at your organization and the impact they will have on implementing clinical integration strategies.
- Outline the roles clinicians play in a successful healthcare supply chain.
- Identify challenges of collaborating between supply chain and the clinical teams.
- Formulate strategies to meet the challenges reducing organizational costs while improving the quality of care.
- Identify the role of clinicians in managing and leveraging data.
- Describe the key performance metrics for clinicians to measure.
- Outline actions needed to be taken to successfully construct data integration programs.
Executive Management Track
- Evaluate best practices for end-to-end assessment and monitoring.
- Analyze methods and solutions to predict shortages and disruptions.
- Identify ways supply chain leaders can optimize results and mitigate risks.
- Compare agenda, both already enacted and proposed, of President Biden and previous policies of President Trump and impact on healthcare supply chain.
- Identify positive changes and new administration will have on supply chain management and how to take advantage.
- Analyze challenges that new administration’s policies will present and how to overcome.
- Identify factors causing a shift in the US healthcare market post-COVID-19.
- Analyze strategies that bring more value to customers who are fundamentally transforming.
- Outline specific strategies to reorganize your team’s priorities and account plans to meet the changing needs of your customers.
Financial Operations Track
- Identify negotiating tactics to improve communication and improve relationships with all stakeholders.
- Define key strategies for successful contracting.
- Describe “outside the box” strategies used during the pandemic and how they can be implemented in the future.
- Analyze current data on mergers and acquisitions as well as at-risk hospitals.
- Compare mergers and acquisitions in recent years and discover the strategies they used.
- Identify opportunities and advantages of increased scales a broader footprint as IDNs add facilities.
- Identify methods of how supply chain leaders engage internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate chances for savings with both clinical and non-clinical expenditures.
- Outline opportunities for improved product, service, and technology evidence-based decision making.
- Identify best practices for integrating virtual health services in your pharmacy department.
- Outline federal laws and regulations that will affect your virtual health planning.
- Evaluate financial implications on your pharmacy department and organization.
- Identify the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and various types of indicators.
- Define a KPI driven culture and one that boosts data literacy across your organization.
- Outline a process of KPI iteration and refining your KPIs on a schedule.
- Outline biosimilars, their scientific background, and biologic cost trends.
- Explain the biosimilar manufacturing and approval process as well as barriers to market entry.
- Evaluate biosimilars’ value proposition in value-based care.
- Identify revenue opportunities for your pharmacy department.
- Outline costs associated with changes and ways to offset.
- Evaluate regulatory and compliance concerns that may impact your strategy.
- Discuss the manufacturer’s claims and updates on pending litigation.
- Identify any changes that could result from pending litigation and Biden administration.
- Evaluate both short-term and long-term impacts on your organization.
- Identify payment rules that directly impact your pharmacy department.
- Outline impact on organizational goals and bottom line.
- Plan and discuss strategies that will optimize value and improve outcomes
- Define goals for diversifying your supply chain and building a supplier diversity program.
- Discuss ways to communicate to current and prospective partners and stakeholders to ensure their practices align with your IDN’s goals.
- Identify opportunities to diversify other hospital contracts, such as those for advertising and marketing.
- Compare instances of success and lessons learned in healthcare from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Discuss strategies that will yield positive organizational results in 2021.
- Identify ways that change can optimize value and improve clinical outcomes.
- Identify strengths and vulnerabilities in local supply chains to improve future supply chain management.
- Outline best practices in emergency management preparedness and response efforts for clinicians and supply chain leaders.
- Explain ways to improve communication and information-sharing between all stakeholders, including clinicians, supply chain leaders, government agencies, and patients.
Senior Executives Forum (in-person conference only)
- Outline current challenges facing senior executives.
- Analyze recent successful initiatives and innovations in the healthcare industry.
- Evaluate the future of the IDNs and the healthcare supply chain.
- Identify the most common learnings from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Compare best practices for responding to these challenges.
- Evaluate strategies to prepare for future disruptions.