Fall IDN Summit Learning Objectives
2022 FALL IDN Summit
8/28-31/22 Phoenix, AZ
This activity is jointly provided by
Conference Learning Objectives
Pharmacy Executive Forum
- Define a successful succession planning method.
- Evaluate how the IDN is preparing the next generation of leaders.
- Outline a plan to overcome technician shortages and cost of labor issues.
- Identify a plan for preventing worker burnout.
- Define the hospital-at-home care delivery model.
- Evaluate what this model looks like for the health system.
- Identify opportunities and challenges with the hospital-at-home delivery model.
- Explain how to understand regulations around this delivery model.
- Define the goals of med safety in the supply chain.
- Evaluate how your organization is educating its workforce.
- Explain updating system processes and procedures.
- Identify ways for getting buy-in for adoption.
Executive Leadership Track
- Define current global supply chain trends.
- Label potential challenges and risks on the horizon.
- Evaluate legislation changes at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Explore market value implications of global supply chain disruptions.
- Identify trends that will become long-term impacts on the healthcare supply chain.
- Define the most pressing issues facing chief supply chain officers.
- Evaluate trends and risks that organizations need to prepare for.
- Analyze healthcare supply chain reorganizations.
- Define the changing relationship between the clinicians and the supply chain.
- State trends that are short-term versus long-term changes.
- Define what the supply chain/clinicians needs to do to better this relationship moving forward.
- Identify the evolving expectations of patients as consumers.
Cultivating Talent Track
- Devise how to identify and hire the best talent.
- Analyze how remote work initiatives creates opportunities to identify candidates.
- Prepare for a highly competitive hiring market.
- Define best practices for recruiting high-level talent.
- Define best practices for an organization to mold and grow talent into future leaders.
- Question what organizations can do to challenge rising stars without creating burnout.
- Evaluate new hiring challenges in the wake of the pandemic.
- Categorize the best ways to identify internal candidates with leadership aptitude.
- Define best practices for an organization to retain top talent in the industry.
- State the impact of having a remote workforce and how to best to support your team.
- Explain what teambuilding exercises can be done to accommodate the remote team.
- Identify reasons for high employee turnover rates in the healthcare industry.
Financial Operations Track
- Define the financial impact of the organization’s inventory management and logistics.
- Question how systems and processes can be improved to better serve the patient.
- Explain what innovative solutions can be created to improve the process.
- Differentiate between industry and service levels of influence on inventory practices versus general business reasons.
- Discuss the State of IDN Supply Chain metrics today.
- Review research on healthcare supply chain metrics and benchmarks for 2022.
- Define headwinds and tailwinds to improving alignment to supply chain metrics alignment to strategy.
- Outline steps that health systems can leverage to optimize the use of supply chain benchmarks.
- Evaluate how de-risking the supply chain can improve the bottom line for an organization.
- Analyze if it is smart to invest in product manufacturing.
- Identify how to leverage a GPO to assist in de-risking.
- Define solid supply chain optimization techniques.
Clinical Integration Track
- Justify the statement that clinicians are the largest group of decision-makers and consumers of supplies in the supply chain.
- Define the best processes and systems needed to improve the clinical relationship with the supply chain.
- Evaluate what is being done well and what needs improvement to improve the patient experience.
- Define the challenges for clinical supply chain management post-pandemic.
- Define what value analysis processes have been altered during the pandemic.
- Evaluate permeant changes versus trends.
- Identify changes being implemented for the future of the value analysis program.
- Describe how companies that conduct a PVA can improve services.
- Evaluate how the system identifies, benchmarks, and utilizes data and analytics.
- Describe the impact AI can make to improve processes.
- Question how transparent your organization is tracking what is improving the process and what is not.
- Define how enhancing healthcare clinical analytics can provide better frontline care.
Pharmacy Financial Operations Track
- Explain the challenges of capturing payments.
- Identify opportunities for pharmacy revenue through contracting, GPO, and Partnerships.
- Describe new opportunities for new revenue.
- Formulate strategies to gain collaboration buy-in throughout the organization.
- Discuss financial challenges of inventory and logistics in today’s environment.
- Analyze the global factors and identify disruptions in the market.
- Identify opportunities in the improvement of current processes.
- Explain the 2023 payment guidelines impacting inpatient and outpatient pharmacy.
- Outline future payment rule trends and developments.
- Formulate mitigation strategies for payment guideline changes.
Pharmacy Clinical Track
- Define biosimilars and their uses.
- Outline how to get buy-in on biosimilars from clinicians.
- Analyze the impact of biosimilars on patient care.
- Demonstrate opportunities for biosimilars with supply chain shortages.
- Identify current technology trends in the pharmaceutical field.
- Define innovation in the pharmacy.
- Explain the clinical impact of technology in the pharmacy.
- Describe how to improve pharmacy system processes
- Define artificial intelligence and its uses in the pharmacy.
- Analyze data to improve patient care.
- Identify benchmarking and transparency metrics.
- Compare what is available now versus what the future holds.
Thought Leadership Panel
- Define how the global chain supply has been disrupted by the global pandemic.
- Identify how reimbursement changes are impacting healthcare.
- Investigate how population health is affecting the organization’s role in supply chain management.
- Evaluate the relationship between the CFO and Supply Chain leadership pre- and post-pandemic.
Senior Executive Forum
- Discuss primary topics of interest from your experience at your organization.
- Identify current best practices and evaluate new solutions.
- Evaluate opportunities for organizational improvement and strategies for implementation.
- Define the causes of the global supply chain shortages.
- Identify the impacts of the global supply chain shortages on the healthcare industry.
- Explain how understanding the impacts on the GSC can help build a more resilient organizational supply chain.
- Forecast the long-term impacts of the global supply chain on healthcare organizations.
- Define innovations in the healthcare supply chain.
- Describe the importance of collaborations with the supplier/manufacturers/GPOs and providers.
- Identify challenges and opportunities across the healthcare supply chain.
- Explain de-risking the supply chain.
- Identify Opportunities to de-risk your Supply Chain.
- Outline successful implementation best practices.
- Evaluate the IDNs biggest roadblocks of implementation.
Idea Exchanges-Supply Chain
- Define value-based contracts.
- Identify the challenges and opportunities of partnerships in creating value-based contracts.
- Explain the importance of the supplier and provider collaboration.
- Evaluate how the global supply chain issues are impacting organizations and value-based contracts.
- Define your role in the integrated delivery network.
- Investigate how the supply chain can improve the IDN’s cost quality and outcomes.
- Identify how to balance lowering costs against improving quality.
- Describe the challenges facing integrated delivery networks.
- Define technology disruptions in the pharmaceutical system.
- Identify innovation opportunities.
- Describe new entrants and their impact.
- Distinguish trends versus long-term solutions.
- Define the Joint Commission Accreditation.
- Outline the process for pursuing accreditation.
- Investigate changes in regulations post-pandemic.
- Identify best practices in preparing for visits.
Contact Trey Beuttel at 859.523.5701 with any questions related to Learning Objectives