|Monday, April 17, 2023|
|1:00 PM - 2:00 PM|
As our economy recovers from COVID-19, we are witnessing real-time change in what is expected from our IDNs. We are undergoing a transformation that includes new state and federal policies and regulations on a variety of topics including pricing and 340B. During this presentation, participants will gain insights into new innovations, technology as well emerging trends and challenges, and learn about strategies for navigating the complex regulatory environment to improve patient outcomes and achieve business success and sustainability.
1. Evaluate regulations, including 340B and the DSCSA, that will be affecting the industry and discuss their possible specific impacts.
2. Analyze and discuss an overview of pricing issues including price transparency, limiting price increases and the need to reduce overall healthcare spending.
3. Assess advances in technology, such as telemedicine and digital health tools that have already transformed the way healthcare is delivered and preview what to expect in the coming years.
4. Develop strategies for adapting to changes in the pharmacy industry including identifying opportunities to optimize revenue and manage costs in the face of evolving policies, pricing models, and technological innovations.
|2:30 PM - 3:30 PM|
This program will cover topics such as emerging payment models, the impact of new players, and strategies for staying competitive. We’ll cover the latest changes in payor mandates and how they impact healthcare reimbursement strategies for 2023. We will also explore the implications of changes in site of care for IDNs, and discuss ways to navigate these changes while maintaining high-quality patient care.
1. Identify key trends in the payment landscape, including changes in payor mandates, and understand their impact on the pharmacy industry.
2. Develop strategies for adapting to changes in payment models and staying competitive in the face of disruption.
3. Examine changes in sites of care and what they mean for IDNs moving forward.
4. Explain emerging reimbursement strategy changes for 2023 and their applicability
|4:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
The compounding pharmacy market is expected to grow to more than $18 billion by 2030, driven by an aging population, enhanced life expectancies, and increased demand for custom medications. Because the multi-step compounding process poses potential contamination risks that can jeopardize patient health, the industry is held to the strictest standards which are consistently scrutinized and adapted. This discussion will explore the most recent developments providers need to know and how they may be impacted.
1. Understand the recent updates to 503B compounding regulations and their implications for compounding practices and their processes.
2. Explain the criticality of staff training and maintaining consistent and transparent communication.
3. Learn strategies to comply with the new regulations and ensure patient safety for clinicians and administrators as well.
4. Analyze case studies and scenarios to apply knowledge of the revised regulations to real-world situations.