Pharmacy Executives Forum
The USPs: Compounding Standards 795, 797 and 800
As pharmacy operations continue to become more complex, pharmacies must be prepared to manage all types of disruptive changes, from compliance to price increases and shortages. Yet staying one step ahead of these disruptions can be challenging. The changing compounding standards 795, 797 and 800 represent a particular challenge for pharmacists. However, in this session, a healthcare leader on medication safety will address the current and future status of standards. Organizational readiness for compliance will also be discussed.
- Explain the updates to Compounding Standards 795, 797 and 800.
- Identify strategies to be ready for compliance on the organizational level.
- Describe the future direction compliance standards.
The Supply Chain Isn’t What It Used to Be
The pace of change in pharmacy operations is most apparent to seasoned pharmacy executives. Increased pricing pressures, continuous drug shortages, and complicated compliance standards create daily operational challenges. In this session, a panel of pharmacy leaders will discuss key issues facing pharmacies today. Topics will include imbedding specialty pharmacy into the supply chain, tracking and tracing drugs, and the perpetual problem of drug shortages.
- Identify opportunities to improve the integration of specialty pharmacy into the supply chain.
- Describe methods to improve tracking drugs throughout pharmacy operations.
- Develop strategies to mitigate the effect of drug shortages on pharmacy operations.
Pharmacy Idea Sharing
During this last session of the IDN Summit Virtual Experience Pharmacy Program, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to discuss with your pharmacy executive peers challenges you’re facing and go in-depth with topics discussed during the Summit. Emphasis will be placed on topics addressing supply chain disruptions, continuity, responding to the COVID-19 outbreak, and the prioritization of new products. This idea sharing session will empower you to go back to your organization with solutions to your current challenges, sourced from your peers leading pharmacy supply chain efforts at IDNs across the nation. Further, preventative measures and planning discussed in this forum regarding COVID-19 will be critical to your IDNs strategic outlook in the months following the Summit.
- Describe the challenges facing pharmacy operations today.
- Define the disruptions most likely to impact your pharmacy supply chain.
- Identify specific plans of action to prepare for and mitigate anticipated supply chain shortages.