Pharmacy Financial Operations Track
PF Track- Pharmacy Financial Operations Track | Grand Saguaro East
Maintaining a robust financial health in the field of pharmacy requires tenacity and agility in an ever-changing market. From operating expenses to reimbursements, there are many factors
that can affect the bottom line. The sessions in this track focus on ways to understand and improve pharmacy revenue including the impact of payers and new payor mandates and reimbursement strategies.
Below are the Pharmacy Track sessions at the 2022 Fall IDN Summit in Phoenix.
Succession Planning and Workforce Shortages (Invitation Only)
Sunday, August 28 , 2022 | 2:00 PM
Successful succession planning will help with identifying the critical positions within your organization and developing action plans for individuals to assume those positions. This method of promotion helps organizations with the recruitment and retention of top talent, cuts the overhead of additional training, and increases employee engagement. In this session learn how to navigate succession planning while dealing with the impact of worker shortages.
1. Define a successful succession planning method.
2. Evaluate how the IDN is preparing the next generation of leaders.
3. Outline a plan to overcome technician shortages and cost of labor issues.
4. Identify a plan for preventing worker burnout.
Transition of Care: Hospital at Home (Invitation Only)
Sunday, August 28, 2022 | 3:00 PM
A factor in the evolving landscape of health systems is the hospital-at-home model. This model enables some patients needing acute-level care the opportunity to receive that care in their homes, rather than in a hospital. The hospital at home model has been shown to reduce costs, enhance the patient experience, and improve outcomes. This session will explore the opportunities and challenges associated with hospital-at-home models as well as explain regulations.
1. Define the hospital-at-home care delivery model.
2. Evaluate what this model looks like for the health system.
3. Identify opportunities and challenges with the hospital-at-home delivery model.
4. Explain how to understand regulations around this delivery model.
Med Safety Throughout the Supply Chain (Invitation Only)
Sunday, August 28, 2022 | 4:00 PM
The supply chain holds major, but often invisible, risks to the healthcare industry. There are two major risk categories that affect the healthcare supply chain; business risk and operational risk. Managing risk to increase safety throughout the supply chain leads to better profits, reduces losses, and high patient satisfaction. In this session learn the best practices for med safety, how to educate the workforce in those practices, and get buy-in for adoption.
1. Define the goals of med safety in the supply chain.
2. Evaluate how your organization is educating its workforce.
3. Explain updating system processes and procedures.
4. Identify ways for getting buy-in for adoption.
Pharmacy Financial Operations Track
Understanding and Improving Pharmacy Revenue
Monday, August 29, 2022 | 1:00 PM
There are many factors that can affect the bottom line of a pharmacy’s revenue. As pharmacies continue to face declining reimbursements and PBM penalties, pharmacy owners need to diversify and seek alternate revenue streams beyond traditional model. Many pharmacists are offering differentiated products and services designed to attract new business and provide an alternative revenue stream. In this session, learn from pharmacy industry experts how to increase revenue through ambulatory relationships, contracting, GPO, and new partnerships.
1. Define various sources of pharmaceutical revenue.
2. Explain the challenges of capturing payments.
3. Identify opportunities for pharmacy revenue through contracting, GPO, and Partnerships.
4. Describe new opportunities for new revenue.
Leading my IDN's Pharmacy Operations and Supply Chain
Monday, August 29, 2022 | 2:30 PM
Pharmacy and Supply Chain operations are increasingly more collaborative as organizations strive to increase safety protocols and improve patient care delivery. The past three years have highlighted the importance of leaders managing and understanding every department in the organization. Join this panel of industry thought leaders as they discuss the challenges and opportunities of managing both Pharmacy and Supply Chain, how disruptions and new entrants have impacted their organization and what the future holds.
- Formulate strategies to gain collaboration buy-in throughout the organization.
- Discuss the financial challenges of inventory and logistics in today’s environment.
- Analyze the global factors and identify disruptions in the market.
- Identify opportunities for the improvement of current processes.
Monday, August 29, 2022 | 4:00 PM
For pharmacy leadership, any alteration to pricing models and payment mandates impacts your ability manage your pharmacy operations and ultimately improve patient care. As organizations and their leaders turn to the future, this session will identify what changes in the mandates will mean and define what strategies to implement to better position your organization in 2023. Join this industry expert as they review the 2023 payment rules affecting inpatient and outpatient pharmacy, site of care changes, analyze changes to payment guidelines on the horizon, and discuss strategies to mitigate these changes.
1. Explain the 2023 payment guidelines impacting inpatient and outpatient pharmacy.
2. Outline future payment rule trends and developments.
3. Formulate mitigation strategies for payment guideline changes.
Wednesday, August 31, 2022 | 8:00 AM
Exponential technological changes are causing disruptions across the pharmaceutical system. Changes such as robotics, artificial intelligence, and clinical breakthroughs are transforming the future of pharmacy. This session will introduce new entrants and their impacts in the field, discuss innovation opportunities, and track trends in disruptions versus long-term solutions.
1. Define technology disruptions in the pharmaceutical system.
2. Identify innovation opportunities.
3. Describe new entrants and their impact.
4. Distinguish trends versus long-term solutions
Wednesday, August 31, 2022 | 9:30 AM
This session will cover all you need to know about how and why to pursue a Joint Commission Accreditation. This accreditation is the gold standard in private accreditation, providing many advantages including strengthening operational effectiveness, promoting stakeholder confidence, supporting regulatory and payer compliance and strengthening staff knowledge and competencies.
- Changes in regulations post-pandemic
- Best Practices in preparing for visits
1. Define the Joint Commission Accreditation.
2. Outline the process for pursuing accreditation.
3. Investigate changes in regulations post-pandemic.
4. Identify best practices in preparing for visits.